11th April 2019
Would you benefit from a Safe & Well visit referral?
The Hampshire Fire service provide safe and well visits to ensure that any safety measures that can be taken are in place.
Here is some information from their website –
If you or the person you have in mind fits one or more of the characteristics below, we would advise that you make a Safe & Well referral.
- is over 65 years of age
- lives alone
- has a physical and/or learning disability
- has any sensory impairment
- is known to be substance or alcohol dependent
- is unable to protect themselves from harm
- is experiencing domestic abuse
- is returning from hospital and there are fire risk concerns identified, for example burn marks on bedding, furniture or carpets; electrical faults in the home; unsafe practices with fire, cooking or heating; hoarding; the occupier smokes; no fire detection is present in the property
Not eligible for a Safe & Well visit?
If you or the occupier are not eligible for a home safety visit, there are still actions you can take to reduce the risk from fire in the home:
Act now to protect your home, your loved ones and yourself.
Take our FREE online home safety check now for tailored advice to keep you safe in your home.
As a care provider we are happy to make referrals on our service users behalf, to make a referral or to see the information we will ask for, please see here-