22nd January 2016
Platinum Care Solutions is starting the New Year with a resolution to make a positive difference to the quality of lives of people living with Alzheimer’s disease.
They have nominated the Alzheimer’s Society as their charity of the year and will undertake a range of activities over the year to raise vital funds for a condition where it is predicted that by 2025, 1 million people in the UK will have dementia, two thirds of which are expected to be women.
To kick start their fundraising activities they have signed up to do the Grand Canyon Trek which will involve them doing things they would never have thought possible such as jumping into waterfalls, trekking through fields of grapevines, camping underneath the stars and learning from their hosts the Havasu ‘Baaja’ Native.
Jo Barry, Director and founder of Platinum Care Services said:
“The Alzheimer’s Society is a charity very close to my heart, a charity that deserves our support for both the people living with the condition and their wider support network. Many of the people we care for at Platinum Care Solutions are living with dementia and we know how distressing this can be for both the person living with condition, as well as for their family and supportive networks. We want to raise money so that more research can be undertaken to help us to treat this debilitating condition and to broaden our knowledge as a nation.”
“I’m really excited about doing the trek with Natalie Dobson, our Business Operations Manager. We couldn’t think of a better way to get fit for the New Year and to do something that pushes us out of our comfort zone whilst raising vital funds for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Chris Wyatt, Alzheimer’s Society Regional Operations Manager for the South East, said:
“It’s great that Platinum Care Solutions are giving their time to support Alzheimer’s Society. Dementia can happen to anyone and there is currently no cure. But with the right support, people can live well with dementia.
“As a charity, we rely on the generosity of individuals and companies like Platinum Care Solutions to help us continue our vital work so that Alzheimer’s Society can continue leading the fight against dementia.’
“There are 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK and this is predicted to rise to over two million by 2051. Support from organisations such as Platinum Care Solutions by taking part in fundraising help us continue our vital work so that Alzheimer’s Society can continue leading the fight against dementia. We are delighted that they have nominated us as their charity for 2016 and are supporting us in this way.”
The Grand Canyon Trek is due to take place on 8 – 15 March 2016. Their fundraising target is £3,210.00
If you want to support the work of the Alzheimer’s Society you can make a donation at:
Picture Left to Right: Jo Barry, Director of Platinum Care. Natalie Bettinson from the Alzheimer’s Society. Natalie Dobson, Business Operations Manager at Platinum Care.
Notes to Editors
Media Enquiries: Lena Samuels 07850506864 / email@example.com
About Platinum Care Solutions:
Platinum Care Solutions supports people to live independently either in their own home or in a residential setting.
With over 10 years’ experience across Hampshire, Surrey and west Sussex, we take pride in providing a high quality service that brings joy and comfort to the people we care for and peace of mind to their relatives.
About the Alzheimer’s Society
- Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading dementia support and research charity.
- Alzheimer’s Society research shows that 850,000 people in the UK have a form of dementia. In less than ten years a million people will be living with dementia. This will soar to two million people by 2051.
- 225,000 will develop dementia this year, that’s one every three minutes.
- Dementia costs the UK economy over £26 Billion per year. This is the equivalent of more than £30,000 per person with dementia.
- Alzheimer’s Society funds research into the cause, care, cure and prevention of all types of dementia and has committed to spend at least £100 million on research over the next decade.
- Alzheimer’s Society champions the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them.
- Alzheimer’s Society works in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Alzheimer’s Society supports people to live well with dementia today and funds research to find a cure for tomorrow. We rely on voluntary donations to continue our vital work. You can donate now by calling 0330 333 0804 or visiting alzheimers.org.uk.
- Alzheimer’s Society provides a National Dementia Helpline, the number is 0300 222 11 22 or visit alzheimers.org.uk.
- Alzheimer’s Society YouTube channel www.youtube.com/AlzheimersSociety